Emacs - Spawning Child Process: Invalid Argument

I tried to fix it for 3 hours at mid-night with my laptop at home.

[ When? ]
* when you call a external program on emacs.

[ My case ]
* when
"M-x slime" or "M-x run-lisp"
=> emacs error message - Spawning Child Process: Invalid Argument

* Error
(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/myprog/clisp-2.49/clisp.exe")
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/myprog/slime-2.20")
∙∙∙∙

* Solution
(setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp.exe")
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/myprog/slime-2.20")
∙∙∙∙

[ Tip ]
* I don't know exactly the reason(why the error is happened).
 Because "full path" has no problem on the other computer in office.
 Anyway only the different is
 => I am using winddows 10 and I installed lisp with install file(clisp-2.49-win32-mingw-big). But slime is a zip file(slime-2.20.zip).
* There are various reasons it is happend.
  But common reason is "failed to call a external program on emacs".

  good luck.

-------
Lisp 실행파일을 지정할 때 절대경로를 쓰지 않으니 해결되었습니다.
사무실에서 쓰는 데스크탑에서는 전체 경로를 지정해도 아무런 문제가 없었는데 노트북에 처음 설치할 때 발생했고 원인을 몰라서 몇 시간을 고생했습니다. 어쨌거나 해결되는 순간 묘한 쾌감은 있었네요.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

EMACS - 파일 열기, 저장, 도움말

EMACS - 검색 및 바꾸기

EMACS, CLISP, SLIME 설치